[OM] Re: Oh s#@t

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh s#@t
From: Philip Pemberton <oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 21:47:20 +0100
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I tried the move the mirror back down with my finger (MD still  attached),
> that seemed to complete the cycle (Fire the shutter) however the  mirror is
> still in the up position and the battery check still doesn't  work.  The
> aperture
> remains closed down.

Sounds like the circuitry isn't getting power. Stupid question, but the
batteries are in the right way, aren't they? Just checking :)

I'd try switching it to Red 60 (mechanically timed 1/60sec, no power required)
if the shutter speed ring isn't jammed. If it's not getting power, then
pushing it into mechanical mode and tripping the shutter (or winding on,
depending on the state of the mechanics) might be enough to get the mirror to
flip back down again.

Not sure what you'd do after that, but the lack of activity on battery-check
suggests that the shock might have broken the power connection in some way. In
any case, that camera's probably in need of some fairly major repair work :-/

--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain