[OM] Re: Bullet proof internal hard drive?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bullet proof internal hard drive?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 07:07:25 -0700 (PDT)
> Good luck.  I had 2 Seagate 160G fail:  one after 4 months, the
> other after 364 days.

This reminds me of the venerable 9GB Micropolis harddrive.  There was
a slight design problem in the spindle bearings which caused the
lubricant to migrate away.  ALL drives mounted with the spindle
vertically oriented failed within a year.  The horizontally oriented
ones failed in about 18-24 months.

Ag

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail