[OM] Re: E-series quality problems

Subject: [OM] Re: E-series quality problems
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:44:34 -0400
"I'd rather my repair went to a place where they hire good
techs than one where the customer calmers write good, smooth english.

Reminds me about those who complained to Lincoln about Grant's drinking.
He asked what brand Grant was drinking, so he could send a case to each
of his other generals."
In turn reminds me that Moose has some qualities of a softer edged Stanton, at
least
as far as some of my own less than perspicacious posts.  ;-))
Mike

Another story is told of the time when a Congressman had received Lincoln's
authorization for something to be carried out by the War Department. When War
Secretary Stanton refused to honor the order, the disappointed petitioner
returned to Lincoln, telling him that Stanton had not only countermanded the
order but had called the President a damn fool for issuing it. "Did Stanton say
I was a damn fool?" Lincoln asked. "He did, sir, and repeated it." At which
point, the President remarked, "If Stanton said I was a damn fool, then I must
be one, for he is nearly always right and generally says what he means. I will
step over and see him."
AOL at AOL.com.