[OM] Re: E-series quality problems

Subject: [OM] Re: E-series quality problems
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:10:42 -0500
On 4/4/07, Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Recently I have come across threads discussing a rash
> of issues with E-300/330 camera's. Mostly focus
> related issues, exposure problems, and issues
> happening after recent firmware upgrade. These people
> have had it with their Olympus DSlr's. One of the
> ladies in Australia got lucky....Olympus sent her a
> replacement E-300 w/ extra battery pack to keep her
> happy. However, U.S. based people arent so lucky. They
> have sent the camera's back to Olympus (some a few
> times) and they come back with similar issues. They
> may work properly for a period of time and revert
> back. Calling Oly's customer service # is a dead end.
> Is there a way to get to upper management at Olympus
> and tell them about these issues?!?
>
> - Ali

I know this is well-meant, but it isn't very helpful above and beyond
the level of rumor.  We know that Candace had problems with both
bodies, several times over.  Johnny had his 330 checked.  I don't
think I heard anything about how that turned out.

Of course, other brands never have this kind of report going around!
And of course everyone reporting problems is an expert at using AF,
etc.

I was just out shooting soccer the other day with both the E-1 and
330.  I shot the E-1 at ISO 800 and then switched to the 330 when I
wanted to go up to 1600.  It was good to use the E-1 again.  Felt
really good and the results were great just manually focusing the DZ
50-200 and shooting in continuous mode.  The E-1 viewfinder wins the
battle there hands down.  I think I will experiment more with AF on
continuous shooting with the 330 next time.  I believe this is where
it will shine over the E-1.

Anyway, still waiting for the sky to fall here in New France.

Joel W.