[OM] Re: Power source for T28 modelling lights

Subject: [OM] Re: Power source for T28 modelling lights
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:17:30 +0200
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:31:04 +0100 , you wrote:

>Frank
>
>Yes, I am also confused by the differences.
>
>On my 240V AC Adapter 3, the specifications are engraved on the base; they
>are not on a sticker.
>
>The figures for your 100V version look more appropriate for the AC Adapter
>2.  I wonder if yours could possibly have an inappropriate label stuck to
>it.

Could be, but then it happened somewhere in Japan, on the Olympus
premises...
The sticker has one more line which reads T 94-2237 T 94-2603 DCP (the
T's are in triangles). Perhaps model numbers, or safety admission
numbers?
The thing is new, boxed, even with two Japanese price stickers on the
box - one from Olympus, 9,000 Yen and one from the vendor, 7,200 Yen
;-)
And a manual leaflet in Japanese is there too.
It has a really weird 100 VAC input plug, not with prongs but more the
kind of a socket, taking prongs from a wall outlet? Seems pretty
unsafe to me...

Another difference between the two AC Adapter 3 I own is, that the
output cabling is a lot thicker on the European version than on the
Japanese one. Probably due to safety regulations.
I remember that also the 315 volt battery pack for the 310 flash never
officially made it to many European countries (and perhaps the USA?)
because of lack of safety.
I do own one or two of those too, and I can imagine why the
authorities rejected it...

Frank.