[OM] Re: need a new scanner...

Subject: [OM] Re: need a new scanner...
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:26:28 +1000
> David Thatcher wrote:
> As I now have an aversion to ANYTHING AT ALL with that filthy
> C-word on it...

Careful, David. My mum'd slap me even for saying "c-word". ;-)

> ...I have been looking at the Eps0n & HP scanners. has anyone
> had any experience with the Eps0n Perfection series?

Someone has no doubt already pointed you to the usual review
site (www.photo-i.co.uk/) with reviews of the 4990 and the
newer ones. However, if you want, you're welcome to send me
a negative, slide or print (or all three) and I'll happily
scan it or them for you to give you an idea of results
(note, I can send scans of my own stuff to you, but I just
offer the above in case you want your own as a "known
quantity").

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz