[OM] Re: [Photo] Great Blue Heron (red Shoulder Hawks too)

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Great Blue Heron (red Shoulder Hawks too)
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:37:08 -0700
Isn't it amazing how much faster sound travels (Oh F**k) than a branch you
just can't avoid hitting you in the head?

I would have assumed you were closer.

here are the only 2 times I was able to use the 40-15 on a red shouldered
hawk and it was a one shot deal before they took off. I usually have it in
Auto for the first shot then start thinking about what settings to use. This
was on the highway next to a field and that was next to an orchard. I was
only 2 lanes away when I shot this one hand held.
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=390807413&size=l

This one, I had just entered the gate to one of my jobs when he flew into
the Apple tree in front of me, I was leaning out the drivers window resting
the camera on my flimsy side view mirror, one shot and he was gone again.
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=378081094&size=l

Scott