[OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 10:10:30 -0700
What is (if any) the difference in lens hoods for the older versus newer lens?
Apparently I have a newer hood (from a list member) that I am using on an older
lens, with the color correction set of filters built in.

I also agree with Rodger and Dan that trying to screw in a filter into that hood
looks like pain.

So while we're discussing to Tamron and filters, has anyone had experience
trying to get filters onto a lens without filter threads? I picked up a Cokin
universal adapter but it's a real kludge.  I need to build an insert to guide
this thing so it stops at the front of the lens.  Ultimate goal is to be able to
put graduated ND filter in front.  It appears that the set screws for the
adapter will end up on the focusing ring.

Jay