[OM] Re: OM system lenses on digital bodies

Subject: [OM] Re: OM system lenses on digital bodies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:07:43 -0400
OM lenses can be used on 4/3 mount bodies (Olympus, Panasonic, Leica)
and on Canon EOS film and digital cameras.  With suitable adapter, of
course.  No automation, stop down metering which, depending on lens and
camera, will likely be off over some part of the aperture range.  You
may have to calibrate the lens or meter at some point which is accurate
and then translate to the taking aperture.

High quality and expensive adapters (usually about $175) for these (and
many other combinations) can be found here:
<http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm>
Much cheaper versions ($20-30) can be found on ebay with most offering
acceptable quality.  Look for chrome plated brass and stay away from
aluminum adapters.

Canon EOS and 4/3 cameras have very short registration distances (body
flange to film/sensor plane) and are thus adaptable to many manual
lenses having longer registration distances which are then able to
retain infinity focus with no additional optical elements.

Chuck Norcutt