[OM] Re: Firefox - removing google stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Firefox - removing google stuff
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:05:37 -0500
On 3/28/07, swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Somewhere in one the recent upgrades firefox became google, everytime I
> make an error or thier is a failure up pops google search with a
> helpfull hint.
>
> I HATE THIS!  does any one know how I stop this or recommend any other
> multiplatform browsers - otherwise its safari for me.
>
> I looked in tools extensions as suggested by some sites but it is not there
>
> ON topic content is that I use it to look at all the pictures posted here.
>
> thanks IanW

I'm looking at Firefox right now and at the upper right where the
search box is located is a "G" with a dropdown menu arrow.  If I click
it I can "manage search engines."  It looks like you can unclick "show
search suggestions."  You can also pick a different engine from Google
too.  Hope that helps.

Joel W.