[OM] focusing question

Subject: [OM] focusing question
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:28:33 -0700
A bit over a week ago I lucked into a Sigma 600/8.

I noted immediately that at 200 or so feet, infinity was to far of a focus, I
had to back off a bit.

Last weekend It was just barely focusing all the way over to infinity.

2 days ago shooting Red-tailed hawks, I noted that it didn't seem to want to go
far enough to focus.

Tonight when trying to shoot the moon, all the way over just didn't seem in
focus and with the Vivitar 2X Macro telefocusing teleconverter, there was no
way to turn the dial far enough to get the moon into focus, just a bit shy.

Am I loosing it, or is infinity closer than the moon and somewhere under 300
feet?

Or, more likely, there is some trick I just don't know. This is an Old one, I
assume late 70's, no newer than 85.

Scott