[OM] Re: Tilt lenses was Re: Macro flash bracket project

Subject: [OM] Re: Tilt lenses was Re: Macro flash bracket project
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:55:32 -0600
Jeff Keller wrote:
> The picture of the med fmt rotator shows it to be an attention catcher:
> http://www.hartblei.com/index.htm
>
> They also sell Pentacon 6 / Mamiya 645  to EOS shift adapters for $65
>
> Interesting company. I'm glad you mentioned it.

  They're also the company that sent me the Peleng 8mm I bought from
e*ay -- I'd be slightly wary of ordering anything too expensive, given
they a:don't know the difference between a 4/3 mount and an OM mount,
b:didn't send instructions ("you can download them from <here>" was the
response to that), c:didn't send the box the auction promised, d:sent
the lens missing one of the little drop-in filters the auction promised,
and e:sent a "new" lens which was either used, or which had been given
some fairly noticeable fingerprints on the front element during
manufacture..

  Now, none of these are a really big deal, given what I was intending
to do with the lens and how much I paid, but I'd check pretty carefully
before sending them any significant amount of money.

  -- dan