[OM] Re: Tilt lenses was Re: Macro flash bracket project

Subject: [OM] Re: Tilt lenses was Re: Macro flash bracket project
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:52:24 +0100
Umm, I didn't pay that much, Chuck, but I did get it a while back when the
USD FX rate was a bit better than it is now.  And for that money ($425) you
don't get the Super-Rotator mount - just a screw operated tilt and shift
mechanism in a 360 deg rotatable mount, which is the Arsat at the end of the
list.  At the time I bought, the Super-Rotator was only available for MF, if
I rmemeber correctly.

As a followup to the promo shots I posted links to, here (in a 228kb file):
<http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/P3240458.jpg> is my own attempt to
demonstrate the DoF limiting ability of the tilt lens.  35/2.8 lens on an
E-1 with oblique (diagonal) tilt.  The plane of focus runs from the yellow
bushes at bottom centre through the single bush lower right centre and on
through the small rock outcrop at centre right.  I think I just missed the
house, which of course is what I was aiming for (haven't got used to the
half size viewfinder!).  The out of focus fence post at bottom right is
about six feet from where I stood.

The scene is Loch Broom with Ben More Coigach in the distance, yesterday
afternoon.

--
Piers