[OM] Re: E-1s spotted

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1s spotted
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:33:39 +0000
On 23/03/07, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, folks, it isn't just camera manufacturers that I rip for lousy
> design and ergonomics.

You've just made me quite glad that my biggest ergonomic beef of
recent years was with the firmware of an mp3 player!  Oh, the
tribulations of buying online.  File sorting, eh?  brilliant! so it
will sort the files in a folder into file name order (which I've
prefixed with the track number) and not just play them in download
order?  er, no, it's cleverer than that, it reads the ID3 tag and
sorts them into track name order (which isn't prefixed with the track
number, after all, there's a separate tag for that!).  Not very handy
if you like a good symphony or want to hear "The Dark Side of the
Moon" in the right order.  Fortunately there was an update which let
you switch this off.  Yep, that's right, some clever person let this
thing out with that and random play as the only possible playing
orders.