[OM] Re: An 11Mp E-1?

Subject: [OM] Re: An 11Mp E-1?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:19:28 -0700
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Anybody have a supplier of that oil so I can make my pictures  sharper.
Depends on the problem. If you shot it unsharp, sorry. If it's a problem
with E-1 size images at large print sizes, you might want to try Qimage.

Johnny and somebody else have posted about Qimage. I've had it on my
list for a while, waiting for a job that needed it. I work with a friend
who lectures on Universities. Recently, he has gone outside his usual
fields of archeology and art history into other areas. For a class on
Islam, he wanted images of Islamic women in various non-traditional
roles. With no budget for buying images, he trolled the web and found
some good images, but most were small and some hopelessly so, like
200x300 pixels. I tried some modest uprezzing, but it was terrible.

So I downloaded the trial version of Qimage and tried some prints at
2.5x3.5 inches. Amazing! No more real detail, but no ugly artifacts.
Since he's still working with slides, using one of my OM-4s, macro
lenses and copy stand, he simply shot the Qimage prints.

I've only yet printed three of my own images, but I'm impressed so far.
Even working with a large file from scanning 35 mm film, where no up
rezzing is needed at all by normal standards, the sense of depth and
detail in the print is exceptional. I showed them to a friend who is
very critical of technical details. He felt he had never seen a sharper
appearing 8x10 print of a rock face than one of them.

Free trial available <http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/>. I /bought
mine after trying it./

Moose