[OM] Re: Greek pickiness [was: some more OT stuff]

Subject: [OM] Re: Greek pickiness [was: some more OT stuff]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:22:55 -0400
But probably not 1 in 100 people know what an initialism is (including
my spell checker) and probably 99 out of 100 people (in the US at least)
would call an initialism an acronym.  The language is changing under our
feet (and always has) whether we like it or not.  Even Merriam-Webster
online seems to be not so picky about the distinction.
<http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=acronym>

Chuck Norcutt