[OM] Re: E1 Flash extention cable.

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 Flash extention cable.
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:37:01 -0700
I don't have the Canon version, but yes your memory is correct. Canon
makes a cable which works fine with the Olympus flash.

I believe the Canon cable sells for about the same price as the
Olympus cable but also has an extra connection. So ... the Olympus
cable likely won't work on a Canon flash.

There were also a number of posts that claimed the Canon cable was
more durable than the Olympus cable. My Olympus cable indeed developed
a minor problem that was easily fixed. There is a screw which if I
remember correctly, held the foot on. It came loose and the foot fell
off. Fortunately the foot fell off on my front sidewalk and I found it
the next day. I applied a little nail polish to the threads, put it
back together, and it has been working fine ever since.

-jeff