[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:12:45 -0700

>But I do feel compelled to ask when you are going to stop trying to
>export democracy and consider importing it.

I would also suggest to Jan that maybe Canada could also import a little
more democracy. Since I am both fortunate and unfortunate to only get
Canadian TV news I know too much about Canadian politics. Take Jan's
riding of N. Sannich and the Gulf Islands for example. In the last
election it voted almost 70%  center-left to far left. Who won the
election to represent Jan in parliament? Why a right winger named Lunn.
This was repeated across Canada resulting in conservative Mr Harper as
the PM. though the vote was about 60% left leaning. Go figure!

 From Andrew's description it sounds like the Aussies have the system
we need in both US and Canada to prevent the election fiascoes in both
our countries.

For a discussion of the mathematics of elections see:
<http://sciencenews.org/articles/20021102/bob8.asp>

Mike