[OM] Re: Signs of Spring in UK

Subject: [OM] Re: Signs of Spring in UK
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:21:34 +0000
But I've got a big back yard full of hickory and oak trees. I can usually cull
enough in the interest of forest management every year or two to keep me well
supplied with firewood, or I can buy some. Best firewood there is. A hickory or
oak log the same size as a poplar log will burn twice as long and half again
hotter. But if it'll burn, I'll put in the fireplace. I like playing with the
fire, and quick burning stuff just gives me more cause to start poking around
with the poker or piling more stuff in. :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --