[OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:27:27 -0500
On Tue March 13 2007 10:54 pm, Bill Pearce wrote:
> >> BTW DHL is just as bad. I really like UPS!
>
> So my wife's company has a job in a very small town outside a medium sized
> town. They have to send paychecks overnight, as the contract says if the
> workers don't have their checks by noon wednesday, they can sit down on the
> job until they arrive. They sent the checks by DHL "overnight" and they
> didn't arrive. After a call, DHL said, "Oh, we don't go there until we get
> several packages." So why did they advertise and charge for overnight?

Eight years ago or so our company also sent pay checks via Airborne(now DHL).
I had a crew in Portland Me. They wanted to come strait back and not stop
anywhere, so I agreed. There was just one problem A had Airborne had decided
that Delaware was as good a place as Syracuse for the pay checks. Here I am I
have 9 women in a van and me. Needless to say I didn't tell them because I
wasn't going to listen to the complaining on a 9 hour drive. We got back to
Syracuse about 11:00pm where I told them that I had good news and bad news.
The good news was that they were back to in Syracuse. The bad news is that
their checks weren't. I then went and hid in the mens room.