[OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:49:13 -0500
On Tue March 13 2007 9:29 pm, Ali Shah wrote:
> Fed Ex ground is actually contracted out. The person
> who owns the contract can then hire drivers for his
> territory.
>
> BTW DHL is just as bad. I really like UPS!

That would make sense since Roberts  and RPS were. I have a feeling that there
is more variance between depots and drivers than between the services. We've
used all 3 and they weren't bad. For me (Syracuse) DHL stays open to 9:30 pm,
Fed Ex 8:00 and UPS 6:00pm which is a PIA. The only shipping that we do much
out of our local office is sending data terminals to Toronto for repair. UPS
seems to be able to get them across the boarder in resonable time. The other
2 don't. I realize that may only be a function of a particular customs agent
that is use to seeing them and rubber stamps them through.