[OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Me and FedEx incompetence
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:26:18 -0500
On Tue March 13 2007 6:48 pm, Jim Couch wrote:
> Walt,
>
> Appears fine to me. I will no longer use FedEx ground unless there is
> absolutely NO alternative! To many problems and poor response. BTW,  the
> ground division is totally different from the expedited Fedex which
> really does have it's stuff together. I do wonder what the ineptness of
> the ground side of things will wind up costing Fedex as a whole.

We ship stuff at work between our headquarters and our office via Fed ex and
ground. You are right there is a difference between the two.  Mostly what is
sent ground is supplies and such which aren't that expensive even if they are
lost. The problem that I see is that Fed Ex bought two divisions of Rodeway
Freight. Robert's Express which became Fed EX custom critical and RPS
(Rodeway Package Service) If RPS is as screwed up as roberts was when I drove
a truck for them I can see why they don't come up to the standards that the
expedited service does.