[OM] Re: Panny sensors?

Subject: [OM] Re: Panny sensors?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:05:02 -0700 (PDT)
> E-330 chip is excellent at higher speed but as a school
> photographer
> told me a couple of weeks ago, they like the E1 not just for
> robustness but because of the skin tones. That will probably be
> lost now with the replacement.

That "skin tone shootout" so highly publicized recently was so
incredibly bogus as to be laughable if it wasn't for the fact that
"everybody" believes it.  They chose ONE lens that would work on all
the cameras.  If that 3rd-party PoS didn't fit, the camera wasn't
included. Never mind the fact that camera manufacturers tweek their
processing to match their lenses...

Of course, the E-1 wasn't included in the shootout since that
garbage-can lens supplier didn't make a 4/3 mount.

So, the 5D is king of the hill.  Maybe, maybe not.  How can we really
be sure?  I can pull out portraits from my files and say "hey, lookie
here" to to avail.  I just know that my customers are extremely
pleased and so am I.  Do the skintones look like anything I've seen
from 1DMii or 20D photographs?  Nope!  Not at all.  How about 5D
photos?  I'd say that the 5D portraits look quite nice to me, but
I've only seen post-processed versions.

If skintones are "lesser" in the E-1 replacement, it is possible that
the E-1 may become a rather sought after camera by "those in the
know."  I can see my hanging onto the E-1 for a LONG time if that
happens.

AG