[OM] Re: What 'da think of this Markins base plate

Subject: [OM] Re: What 'da think of this Markins base plate
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:27:48 -0700
The Gitzo tripods clamp the center column  in a way that leaves open
the possibility that there is some flexing because of it, even if the
center column is as low as it will go. By attaching a solid platform
directly to the legs, there is no center column to flex.

Many people put short center columns in their tripod so that it will
get very close to the ground. If you are going to use a short center
column, this alternative should eliminate one possible point of
flexing with the only cost being $.

-jeff