[OM] The gleam of the New Shiny

Subject: [OM] The gleam of the New Shiny
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:45:20 -0700 (PDT)
While cruising the local drug dealer (camera store) I managed to get
my paws on the new Giottos tripods. Overall, I'm impressed with them.
I could possibly see one of them haunting my kit.  However, I'm not
going to be quite as glowing in my comments as MR has been.

My bogens (Manfrotto) tripods have served me very well and probably
will the rest of my life.  But I would like to get something a whole
lot lighter for walkabouts. These tripods appear to be well made, but
I do suspect that some componants are of a high-wear design and the
tripod will require occasional servicing and part repair.  The
twist-locks on the legs are well done and even the aluminum-legged
tripods are very lightweight.  In fact, I probably would get the
aluminum instead of the carbon-fiber because of the minimal weight
difference.

Has anybody gotten these tripods yet and have any comments regarding
the fit/finish and wear factor of them?

AG

It's here! Your new message!