[OM] Re: The gleam of the New Shiny

Subject: [OM] Re: The gleam of the New Shiny
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:43:23 EDT

In a message dated 3/11/2007 8:45:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Has anybody gotten these tripods yet and have any comments regarding
the fit/finish and wear factor of them?

AG

Hey AG,

I'd like someone's input on Giotto tripods, too. There's a Giotto 9180
aluminum tripod sitting unloved at a local store. It's been there awhile and is
priced below B& H's price. The 8180 has the same spec.s except for the carbon
fiber legs. The 9180 weighs less than a pound more( 5.7 versus 6.6).  Both
tripods
are 71" tall. The twist locks seem to work well, but I wonder about their
long term reliability. I've had a Bogen 3021 for about 15 years that seems to
have found a new home in my daughter's car. Great tripod, but with the Giotta I
don't have to bend over so much. Any Giotto users out there?

Gary Faulkenberry
http://www.aol.com.