[OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 02:40:40 -0800
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I concur absolutely. Trouble is, I see it at exactly the other way
> around.

Not from me, I hope. I certainly don't recall ever telling someone they
should switch from Mac to PC. I have on rare occasions, but not
recently, expressed the opinion that PCs generally could do the same
things at least as well as Macs for significantly less money. I couldn't
say that now, as I simply haven't been in the market for a while and
don't know if it is still true.

If you are referring to your general situation, in the manner I was,
then I sympathize. Perhaps you should move here. There are independent
Mac shops and groups of young users hanging around on street corners
near the campus trying to look tough and intimidate users of PCs. :-)
> Zealotry may be in the eye of the beholder?

Certainly. Get them going on two sides and any hope of discourse is
gone. That's why several recent threads have gone in the bit bucket
unread here once it became clear where they were going.. Any particular
sort I'm blind to with which you might assist me?

I do admit to a distaste for both BS and humbug, but only when it's
aimed at me, the sender presents it as truth and wants me to believe
them and/or act as though it were truth.

Even in my occasional peregrinations, almost always prompted by
questions posted, you may notice, into talking about Canyon stuff, I
really try to stick to their advantages and disadvantages as tools,
following your recent dictum in advance:

Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Heresy warning.
> 'It's just a tool.'

Moose