[OM] OT - Question for the scanning Wizards on this list.

Subject: [OM] OT - Question for the scanning Wizards on this list.
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 20:19:42 -0800
> From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
>
> I am attempting to scan a 70 year old photograph...  It is printed
> on a slightly  textured paper... I am  wondering if there is
> anything one could do about the texture.

Ugh. I hate that stuff.

Put it on a copy stand and shoot it with a digicam, using crossed
polarizers. The texture will go away.

Requisite Oly content: put it on a copy stand and use the T-10
ringlight with the screw-in crossed polarizer. :-)

:::: I think our [energy] policy is called "aircraft carriers." --
Irwin Steltzer, 1987 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::