[OM] Re: Quiet, quiet, quiet

Subject: [OM] Re: Quiet, quiet, quiet
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:50:13 +1100
> Winsor Crosby wrote:
> My experience with a Yashicamat was that subjectively it was
> very quiet.[...] Even if the design is different the idea that
> there would be a huge difference of the sound level with the
> leaf shutter in the Yashicamat strongly raises my skepticism.
> Makes for a good story for a magazine though.

I have both an OM1 and a Yashicamat 124. I could test their
sound levels subjectively, but I can't think of a reasonable
means of recording their sounds effectively for others to
use, and anyone who *really* needs to hear them compared
*really* needs to get out more often.

I'll compare them over the weekend.

Cheers,
Marc