[OM] Yet another "What is it ? "

Subject: [OM] Yet another "What is it ? "
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 09:58:42 -0500
   I put in a low bid on this item because I was interested and wanted
to keep track of it, and then I forgot about it.
   Well, I was the high bidder and I am now the proud owner of a:

      OLYMPUS LENS ADAPTER SM-R-4
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150095420874

    It comes with a focusing screen and instructions.  At least after
                                              it arrives, I will have
some Idea of what it is.
   Anybody have any detailed knowledge of what this is used for, other
than most likely microscopy of some sort ?
    What can I say to defend myself ?  It's Olympus and I know that it's
well made.  Whatever it is.
Rand E