[OM] Re: 2X TC's

Subject: [OM] Re: 2X TC's
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:34:39 -0500
In general, adding any other optical element to a lens (including a
filter) will cause some degree of image degradation.  The only question
is:  How bad is it?  You've already gotten a couple of answers
indicating that two 2X's is probably not a worthwhile thing to do and I
would agree.  It's rare that you even find someone using a 3X... at
least satisfactorily.  For best results limit yourself to a 2X and even
that must be of excellent quality and limited to attaching to lenses in
the telephoto range.

Chuck Norcutt