[OM] Re: Shutter speed requirements [was: 3x21 tele converter]

Subject: [OM] Re: Shutter speed requirements [was: 3x21 tele converter]
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:30:17 -0800
I've thought that through quite a bit, I have a small gallery of widow
makers larger around than my Bicep, one is a better than 24" in
circumference.

I started taking pics of them in 2002, one has been there since the first
time I went to the falls in 1994, the other one came down the week I started
my docent training 10 years ago.

Some East Coasters or people from Europe or Mainland Asia think they are
dead trees instead of broken branches.

I do trail reports, by taking pics too....... damn, I never though of that
until now, the number of trees that fall parallel to the trail verse across
it....... well, no one has d I e d in Big basin fro a falling tree or widow
maker, I sure don't want to break the record, so I stay out when it is
windy.