[OM] Re: Shutter speed requirements [was: 3x21 tele converter]

Subject: [OM] Re: Shutter speed requirements [was: 3x21 tele converter]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:25:03 -0800
Jan Steinman wrote:

> It isn't individual corporate leaders I'm concerned about -- it's the
> aggregate. The rules they operate under create a goal-seeking network
> that conforms to a pre-ordained outcome.

And so we come full circle.

We started with an old quote castigating the management of US car
companies for a lack of wisdom and will.

I replied that it was not them who were to blame, but the systems under
which they operated.

A couple more thrusts and parries ensued.

It now appears that you agree with me?

And I with you, at least on this.

So now it appears that any solution must change at least the US system
of corporate governance, so that the natural behavior of the rats in the
maze will lead to a pre-ordained outcome is at least somewhat more to
our liking.

I could have said "more benign", rather than "more to our liking".
However, my lack of faith in virtually all individuals to actually know
in any detail what a desirable outcome is, let alone how to get there,
extends to me. Do I get good marks for avoiding both BS and humbuggery
(Oh, another.. uh.. interesting word picture.), Andrew?

Tying to do that at the US government level is, of course, a recipe for
personal self destruction. So who can blame me for working at it locally
in my own, personal little way. Or you for leaving the country entirely,
moving out into the woods and brewing biodiesel

When you switch to brewing ale, let me know. :-)

Moose