[OM] Re: Photo against aquarium glass

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo against aquarium glass
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:49:44 -0600
I'll want to hear Moose's experience shooting there, but my experience tells
me that we are overcomplicating things. At the Monterey Bay Aquarium, most
tanks have glass that is flush with the walls, which are dark in color, and
most ambient light is that from the tanks. No superhuman effort is required
to get good photos. There are some tanks that are not surrounded by dark
walls, but they are in the minority, and shouldn't be that big a problem,

I would suggest wearing dark colors, and the idea of using a rubber lenshood
is a good one. The biggest problem will be the flashes from the cameras of
the great unwashed.

Bill Pearce