[OM] Re: Photo against aquarium glass

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo against aquarium glass
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:50:13 -0800
Got it, I just mentioned something about that, I don't have any rubber hoods
for any of the lenses that are faster than 3.5.... maybe the camera store
has some in their junk drawer that I have been helping to keep from
overflowing.

The only fast lens I have is a 50 mm 1.9 Yashica or a Tokina 2.8F 28 mm...
never mind, I just took more boring shots than I ever wanted to of the far
part of the room.
At 400 ISO no flash.

The kit lens 3.5f gave me a 1/3rd shutter speed
28 mm 2.8f Tokina lens gave me 1/10
The 50 mm Yashica 1.9f gave me 1/30

It was 1/3rd slower than that at auto ISO, bumping the ISO to 1250 (didn't
get better at 1600) got me up to a 1/40

I wasn't able to get the 28 mm to focus, but finally got familiar enough
with the 50 mm to get it to focus at least 1/2 the time. Then I tried the
kit lens again and none of those shots were acceptable.

Scott