[OM] Re: Mysteries of the Universe (OM Universe)

Subject: [OM] Re: Mysteries of the Universe (OM Universe)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:00:59 -0800
John Hermanson wrote:
> Since they are all the same part number....PC screen is the same as OM-G
> etc.

I understand, but that's not the question being asked.

The question at issue is whether the 2-13 screen is the same as the
PC/OM-G screen. Some folks are thinking of using the PC/OM-G screen as a
substitute for the 2 series screen(s), if for no other reason, because
parts cameras of those models are cheaper and more easily available than
2 series screens.

The old thread I quoted proposes that the matte finish on the 2 series
may be fined grained than that on the PC/OM-G screens.

I have both available, but don't know just how to test the hypothesis.
Flipping a couple of cameras from eye to eye seems a bit random.

C.H. plans to subject them to a microscope to see what he can see.

Moose