[OM] Re: Random scans from the files - bokeh monster

Subject: [OM] Re: Random scans from the files - bokeh monster
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 02:11:11 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Ever wonder what bokeh is all about?  Here are two images
> illustrating it with a vengence.
>
> http://image66media.com/Gallery/random01

Nice shots, and I agree about the bokeh on #1. Although personally I
don't much like the big fuzzy blob in my face. It's bokeh is quite nice,
but it's just too big and bright for me, pulls my eye over away from
the, to me, main subject. I'd crop the right and a bit of bottom off.

On #2, I'm not in agreement about the bokeh. It's great on the nearby
cluster of flowers as they segue out of focus with distance. But on the
far ones and the tree, it has the same edgy quality that keeps my
50/3.5s indoors on the copy stand.

Your mileage obviously varies.

Moose