[OM] OM-G lightleaks

Subject: [OM] OM-G lightleaks
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:27:07 +0100
Few months ago I purchased used OM-G. It was doing pretty fine, I made a
roll or two with it (not including the test roll) and the film was exposed
just fine.

Two days ago I had a roll of Provia developed in a local lab. I was pretty
upset (and amazed) to see the whole roll is ruined by the light leaks (or
by marks that definitely look like a lightleaks for my inexperienced eye).
The guy from the lab, when asked whether it's them or me, replied it just
can't be them for the take the film out of the spool in a darkroom where
no light gets in.

The back lid seems to be in good shape and condition and I can't really
find out what can be wrong with it. The only glitch may be that when
pressed it moves a bit; when released - it moves back to its previous
position. The range of the movement is tiny, maybe 1mm.

Here's a scan of that unfortunate Provia roll (230KB JPG):
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/9139/untitled1dj4.jpg

I have a back up OM-2n body so, really, considering the fact OM-G cost me
$20, it is not much of a problem but I started to like the camera. I've
been told due to the shortage or rather complete lack of back lids it
can't be repaired.

--
Łukasz Grabuń
http://grabun.com/