[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care - autism

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care - autism
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:12:39 +0100
Sorry for the late reply and in case it may be of interest to others on
the list I had this posted to me recently

"Scientists in New Jersey are claiming that children with autism are
unable to metabolize key fatty acids that fight brain-damaging
inflammations. They have already developed urine/blood tests to identify
at-risk children. A preventive cure to autism may be as simple as a
'therapeutic cocktail' of fatty acids. Human trials could start later
this year."

http://science.slashdot.org/science/07/02/19/2252244.shtml

I am interested because there are links with my son's syndrome (charge)
with autism and now I wonder if it is linked to the diet, becuase a lot
of chargers are tube fed.