[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:26:51 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Richard Ociepka wrote:

> In the USA you can schedule an MRI in three days.
> How long does it take in a country with universal health care?

Don't confuse the policy of universal health care with the implementation
of a government run medical monopoly.  Some people want you the believe
that you can't have universal health care unless the government provides
all the services and makes it illegal for anyone else to provide them (which
is what we have now in Canada).  That's what is causing our problems (delays),
not universal health care, which itself is a wonderful idea.
                                                -mark