[OM] Re: OT colonoscopy

Subject: [OM] Re: OT colonoscopy
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:28:21 -0500
As a rule, I agree with this sentiment, but as a card-carrying
anthropologist (degree, not career), I find it interesting to read
these little dust-ups from time to time. It reminds me of what I've
read about the days preceding World War I, when all across Europe
people were swearing war would not come because everyone had too much
to lose, business-wise and culture-wise. It also recalls similar
circumstances before WWII, when young men worldwide vowed not to be
conscripted to fight in a war that didn't need to be fought. As we
all know, between them, the two wars killed just shy of 100 million
people. We are a garrulous and basically civil group here, but we are
global, and when the dust-ups happen we get just a little glimpse
into the things that divide us rather than the things that bring us
together.

Now, If I/we could just figure out how to put this data to good
use . . .

Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com