[OM] Re: OT colonoscopy

Subject: [OM] Re: OT colonoscopy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:35:31 -0800
Jan Steinman wrote:
> <big snip of stuff that may or may not be interesting, accurate and/or
> useful>
>
> What you surely must admit is that the Canadian system is
> egalitarian. If it is indeed a 124 day wait, it's that long for the
> rich CEO and the poor janitor alike.
A simple demurrer here. Viewed as a closed system, I'm sure you are
correct. It is not a closed system, nor are any health care systems in
the world. The rich CEO simply crosses borders to a place where he can
exchange money for health care without a government controlled
distribution queue.

I say this neither to agree nor to disagree with argument, only to point
out a logical flaw in one part of your post. It is my observation that
simple logic, let alone clear critical thinking quickly flies out the
window in this kind of "discussion".

I would like to know of a good, simple solution to health care issues,
but I do not. Nor, I suspect, does anyone on this list, in any more than
a relatively uninformed opinion.

I respectfully suggest that this thread stop. It's heading toward
ugliness. Oops, I just read a couple more posts - it's already there.

Too bad, it could have been an interesting and informative discussion
with thoughtfulness and consideration, but lines are being drawn and
bricks thrown.

Jan, Bill, Andrew, IF you must continue in this vein, please take it off
list.

Thank you,
   Moose