[OM] Re: OT colonoscopy

Subject: [OM] Re: OT colonoscopy
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 10:41:02 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2007 4:50:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,
halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

There  are only lousy defenses for the US health care idea.

"Only" is pretty absolute.  It leaves no room for any other  possibilities.
This perspective is one you might expect from someone who  is in a position of
not having health insurance.  Having said that, I  will relate to you a story
of a good friend of mine whose wife passed away from  cancer several years
ago and had to depend on the public health system in  central Texas because of
not having insurance.  He has nothing but praise  for the way the "free" system
provided for her in her battle with this  disease.

I  don't get health care insurance handed to me, and I can't afford  it.

No one has it handed to them.  Those who have it provided for them do  so as
a part of their compensation plan.  They trade their time and energy  for
compensation which includes such things as, money, health insurance,
retirement
plans, etc.  I would say they earn it.

What changes would you have to make in your life to be able to afford  it?
I would suggest reflecting on the question before trying to  crucify the
questioner.

For many the cumulative results of all the decisions they  have made in their
life does put them in a position of not having many  choices. There are some
who are willing to do what others are not willing to  do, who make life work
for themselves.  They are usually the ones not  complaining who have a smile on
their face because they know they have the  ability to change the
circumstances they have created.  That ability, which  most have, and many are
not aware
of, is powerful.  Blaming others or a  system from a problem abdicates all
your power and that is someplace I  don't want to go . . . but then that is
just
I choice I can make.

If I were to attempt to make a case for the health care system in the US, I
would probably start by looking in the areas of availability and  quality.

So, that is my 2 cents worth of kerosene for a Saturday morning.   I will
leave you with that as I go downstairs, get a cup of coffee in a "go"  cup,
crawl
into my SUV which fits my 6'4" body and go mail a parcel of free  OM stuff to
a friend in Iowa.

Create a great day for yourself . . . it is just another of those "choice"
things.  <{8^)  Bill Barber

http://www.aol.com.