[OM] Re: OT colonoscopy

Subject: [OM] Re: OT colonoscopy
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 10:53:32 -0700
The US does have serious problems with medical care. We have way too many
people who are not insured and cannot afford health care. Our infant
mortality rate used to be the best in the world but now we are about sixth I
think. At the same time we provide free health care to illegal aliens,
deliver their babies free and make the babies citizens. We also have a lot
of people come here, especially from Canada, to get complicated things like
heart surgeries because they are afraid to wait their turn in their system.
I don't like the thought of socialized medicine but am afraid we are headed
there. I also don't like the fact that drugs manufactured in this country
cost US citizens much more than they cost people in other countries. That is
pure nonsense. A lot of the pricing of medical care in this country is an
accounting manipulation that lets hospitals write off much of the free care
they are forced to give. It's a political mess.

/jmac