[OM] Re: cleaning sensors

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning sensors
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:19:55 -0800
Scott Peden wrote:
> That is why he showed me the most important thing, how not to use it. He
> backed off, short burst with an upright can and then pointing away from the
> camera showed what comes out when you use a longer burst or have it
> sideways. It was a lot more air than I could get out of the bulb air blower,
> but wasn't nearly as much as I'd use to get the dust out of my computer.
>
> As it was, he has lots of experience, I was practicing my 'watching'
> technique.

Yeah, I know how to do all that. And yet - is it worth the risk? One
sloppy moment.... Anything I can't get off with the Rocket blower should
come off some other way.

Of course, the replacement/repair cost for a 5D is more than for an E-500.
> I learned never ever to get that lens cleaning cloth in there, that only
> made everything worse.

Nothing but a lint free wiper stick for cleaning the box itself or a
tool specifically chosen and properly prepared for sensor cleaning
should ever go in there.

Moose