[OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out

Subject: [OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:20:13 -0600
Chuck,
Latin name is usnea.  It's kind of terrifying stuff, since it appears
to gobble up trees, and although we didn't have much cloud or fog,
even without it it's spooky and eery.  One of the unexpected pleasures
of the trip was hiking around with a chemist by profession who was a
biologist by avocation.  He was like a kid at Disneyland on Isle
Royale and noted that the presence of so much healthy old man's beard
indicated that the air is very clean up there.

Thanks,
Joel W.