[OM] Re: WTB

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:39:51 -0800
Thanks for the feed back. In earlier posts I had mentioned that the image
was grey, hazy, and then started cleaning out the inside of the lens to find
a greasy substance, like maybe cigarette smoke or smog accumulation. Quite a
difference from my first shots to yesterdays at about the same distance and
height, even though I had a tri pod for the ones doe at 1000 mm.

So, while on the subject, a shorter mirror lens will help to reduce the
motion blur (assume it is the same amount of motion) because the distance
tween the front element and the lens mirror is less, correct?

I don't have the $250 to invest, but there is a 5.6 F Cassiegrain at the
local camera shop I tried out, late, very late in the day, it was dark in 15
minutes, and shots taken 1 block away were really quite acceptable, in fact
better than the Seimar 500 in good light. I couldn't find the lens for sale
at the manufacturer, but was told it was originally over 500 dollars (sales
people, I don't always trust their pricing).