[OM] Re: Any Oly/Canyon user tried one of these?

Subject: [OM] Re: Any Oly/Canyon user tried one of these?
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:05:11 -0500
At 07:16 AM 2/21/2007, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>Oly to Canyon EOS adapter with focus confirmation
>
><http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-Lens-to-Canon-Eos-20d-30d-350d-adapter-y125_W0QQitemZ160086676008QQihZ006QQcategoryZ30059QQcmdZViewItem>

Hi Chuck,

I haven't tried that adapter from that seller but I have tried the
Zeiss Contax adapter that another person (happypagehk) from Hong Kong
sells on eBay.  Some people report good results with that adapter
while other people report that the focus conformation isn't accurate
enough to be depended on.  In my case I tried two different adapters
with a 5D and a 10D and both bodies front focused with both
adapters.  I don't remember the exact amount of front focus (it was
larger with the 10D) but it was large enough that the focus point was
out of the depth of field when shooting at f1.4.   For my use a split
focusing screen and right angle finder give much better results.  Of
course that option isn't very practical for your type of shooting.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA