[OM] Re: Budget buys, a bunch of them!

Subject: [OM] Re: Budget buys, a bunch of them!
From: Allen Coltrin <hjlantern@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:43:37 -0800
Actually i already have a n Oly 300mm/4.5 for this camera. So i'm covered
there. i need something shorter and longer than that. If people here see my
list if lenses please contact me off list, hjlantern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Allen

> From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:50:44 -0500> Subject: [OM]
> Re: Budget buys, a bunch of them!> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> > > > In a message
> dated 2/20/2007 5:02:40 A.M. Central Standard Time, > hjlantern@xxxxxxx
> writes:> > > Here is a list of budget lenses I'm looking at. Tell me what you
> think/> > > > > > Allen, it would appear you are looking for a long telephoto
> to use with an > OM camera and you are on a budget. It would also appear that
> you are trying > to buy it on eBay.> > My observations follow and these come
> from someone who has bought, sold and > traded a bunch of equipment here on
> this list and through eBay. The point > being that opinions are like noses,
> everyone has one and what follows is an > opinion based on a great deal on
> experience. > > 1) Generally, if I need something for an OM, I post a message
> here. The > subject line will read WTB - (and then I'll give a brief
> description of the > item). Someone on the list will likely have what you want
  and you will usually > be pleased with the accurate descriptions and pricing
of the item.> > 2) If you are going to use eBay, also use esnipe.com. Bid the
amount you > want to pay and forget it. I like to snipe at amounts slightly
higher than the > last incremental bid would be for the item I want. If the
amount I wanted to > pay was $85 and the bids were going in increments of
$2.50, I'd probably set > my snipe at $88.73 or somewhere slightly north of
$87.50.> > 3) If I were looking for a zoom with a long end, I'd look for the
Tamron SP > 80-300mm, which is a great little lens that you should be able to
pick up > fairly inexpensively. If you happen to end up with one without a
hood, contact > me off list as I have an extra hood.> > 4) If you want a fixed
focal length mirror lens, I'd either look for a > Tamron SP 500mm or a Tokina
AT-X lens.> > 5) If you budget will stand it, you might look for a Zuiko
85-250mm. > > So, in brief, ask the list for what you want, use esnipe.
 com, look at some > of the Tamron SP and Tokina AT-X lenses and look at some
of the Zuikos if you > can stretch the budget a bit.> > Bill Barber> > > >
http://www.zuikoholic.com> List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx>
http://maps.live.com/?icid=wlmtag1