[OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this Lis

Subject: [OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 09:08:22 -0600
We spent two years in Houston, and although my first reaction was to search for
a soul, there are great areas if you know how to stick to them. Museum
District, Montrose, less pretentious bits of River Oaks, the area off Rice
University, renovated bits of Downtown. It can be fun. Also a place for real
musicians. Look at Ray Charles and others. And better travel, better shopping,
better service, better home values, better architecture, better bookstores,
better entertainment, and better restaurants than Austin. But Austin has a
soul, it has lakes, and it has the Hill Country. Furriners like me end up
feeling at home here. - Phil
-

"Quebec is bigger than Texas"